720 problem up hill

Velvetpants57

so my 720 4x4 cant go up hills anymore.... its a z22 with a weber 32/36, long tube header, and i think thats it other than stock. it used to climb anything, and go anywhere, but now nothing.

So on an 8-10 degree incline thats 100 yards long the truck will make it half way up in second gear and then stumble. the rpms are around 3000 and it just cuts. i dont know if its fuel or spark the engine just goes quiet. then when i let off the gas and put the clutch in it starts to idle again but then shortly there after dies.

now on regular driving around town with no hills it does just fine. no stumble no nothing.

any ideas guys?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the float level. Its actually common for those Webers to brake the floats. One half of it might be unattached.

When you set the float level, with the carb top off, you want the fuel to just be starting over the radius where the float bowl curves up by where the needle and seat hang from the carb top. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it off.