Clutch problems...

motavated

When the car is parked and not pressing the clutch... I can effortlessly change gears in the transmission. The pedal is very very firm. And when pressed in. It makes a noise in the motor area... ANY IDEAS?

I am guessing there is to much pressure in the line... I will bleed the system to maybe let go some of that built pressure. But I cant figure it out!!!!

HELPS! THANKS!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unscrew the bleeder on the slave... it fluid squirts out then yes there is residual pressure in the system.

Likely the peddle rod adjustment is wrong. There should be about 1/8" of play when you press down on the clutch peddle with your hand before there is any resistance. If there is no play, pressure is trapped ahead of the master cylinder piston and can't return to the reservoir.

Push the peddle down with your thumb and look for about 1/8" of looseness before the peddle meets firm resistance. To adjust, remove the cotter pin and clevis pin from the master cylinder push rod where it connects to the clutch peddle. Loosen the lock nut on the rod and turn the rod in or out so that when assembled, the peddle has the required 1/8" of play, or just under. Once set, be sure to tighten the lock nut and replace the cotter pin in the clevis pin. Don't forget this!

OHHH!!!! I think I know what happen... When the motor was out. The slave must of pushed out too much. But when the motor was placed back in. It was pushed back and created too much pressure. MMMMMM!!!! Little things, little things... THANKS!