my 1970 datsun 510 2dr 78k all original project

max121

maxwell power service marysville wa

dont think they are into shipping anything and he couldnt tell me if they were lsd most were open diffs some were marker open but spun like a lsd

250 for the r180 and 100 for r160 i grabbed the only one that was marked "vlsd" he said there was a "clsd" but couldn't tell me witch one.

none of them had the lsd sticker so you have to check urself

i couldn't pass it up for only 100 bucks the place i got it from will be gone by the end of the week they are selling everything subi

maybe post a NUMBER SO PEOPLE CAN GET THESE. oNLY IF THEY FIT.
PUTON 510REALM ALSO

i posted it on ratsun/Facebook last sat and

its pickup only he has another shop that is purchasing everything that doesn't sell

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did ALOT of searching and found out the markings on my new differential: ER determine  this diff came out of a 07 wrx...

I have also read that vlsd diffs need a input shaft that is longer on the cv axle to engage the vlsd but when i look up the part from napa/auto zone etc it doesn't have the longer shaft

am i wrong is it just normal stubs?

normal                  vlsd

dscn1747.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

after pulling and cleaning the inside of  my gas tank i took it up to oak harbor to have rich (goichi1) Mod it for EFI.

also grabbed a pair of cv axles from the trunk of a 2000 impreza and pick n pull and they fit perfect into my Subaru diff

had a little trouble finding a shop that would even look at my stub axle conversion

stock 510 on left clip in Subaru axles right

0326141607_zpswiqwt2ww.jpg

does anyone know wtf the groves are for??? i saw a diagram calling them a "seal boss" assuming keeping bearings greased

i have one side of the stub and cv axle at a local machine shop they are working out a price for me :thumbup: 

Read a post of taking a clip in vlsd differential and converting it to bolt in it showed it was possible on a r180 so i figured id try it on my r160 took me about an hour but i got it swapped but having some clearance with the center pin but it seams to be a succses just need to clearence it more to give me peace of mind

0328142028a_zpslrfw9dn4.jpg

stock stub shafts all bolted up not bad for 100 bucks all in for a LSD

0402141355_zps1iy48oun.jpg

Got alot of goodies in the mail :w00t:   carpet, trans mount, master cylinder, rear fire wall, front coilovers, rear brake brackets, rear subframe bushings, rear rotors. marker lights

was going to get alot more but the new trans in my truck decided to go out 3 months after warranty expired :poop:

0404142346d_zpsojinkloz.jpg

• Like 1