VG30 into a 1966 520?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike and I talked a little about a L320 conversion and he told me the steering column was a problem, the 520/521 is wider. I am considering this conversion in a 520 or a 521, but I am asking if anybody has done it or at least measured the engine. All I have right now is a few pictures of a VG30. Does anyone know the length of the engine from the front of the fan blades to the back of the exhaust manifold running across the back of the head? wayno

Wayno. i have a VG sitting in a 620 right now. The steering column is not a problem in the 620, actually have plenty of room for that.. I made a custom oil panout of two ni9ssan pans so that it would clear the crossmember nicely, this also meant making a custom oil pickup tube.

The overall lenght of the vg with a factory fan(minus the exhaust crossover) is very close to a stock L series. Could certainly shorten it a little with an electric fan. I got rid of the exhaust crossover over the trans so that i could move the motor back as far as possible. Will find a different spot to get the exhaust under the trans for the crossover.

Let me know if you want to come take a look at it in the 620, we are not that far away.