Pop-Up Sunroof

Zeusimo

I Have A 78' 620 That I Want To Add A Pop-Up Sunroof To It.

I Have Seen A Few Pictures Of This And I Just Wanted Too Ask You all A Few Questions.

1. Was This Ever A Factory Option?

2. Has Anyone On Here Actually Done This? (OICS?)

3. What Car Would Have A Pop-Up Sunroof That Would Perfectly Fit In After Cutting A Hole?

4. Where Could I Get Some Nice 14" 2" Whitewall Tires That Have A BFG Kinda Looking Tread?

5. Would A l18 Valve Cover Fit Onto A l20b? (I Just Want It To Say "Datsun" Instead Of "Nissan")

THANKS!wink.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Was This Ever A Factory Option? No.

2. Has Anyone On Here Actually Done This? (OICS?) Yes, I did on my '78. The first cab was stolen and rolled so I didn't get the full experience. The sun roof was one of the things that didn't get smashed so I replaced the cab and installed it. I found that they leak sometimes and difficult to seal. Other times dampness inside forms water droplets or frost on the inside. When driving it will drip on you or the frost will melt and drip on you. Forget to close and have to run out in the rain or at night to close it. Would I do it again? NO!

3. What Car Would Have A Pop-Up Sunroof That Would Perfectly Fit In After Cutting A Hole?

4. Where Could I Get Some Nice 14" 2" Whitewall Tires That Have A BFG Kinda Looking Tread?

5. Would A l18 Valve Cover Fit Onto A l20b? (I Just Want It To Say "Datsun" Instead Of "Nissan") Yes

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I just ripped out my headliner and that cardboard stuff and I have a 78 datsun 510 hatch with a pop up sunroof and now it sits weird to me. I was planning on just caulking in a piece of plexi glass or something along those lines an if your still not detoured from wanting one pm me and I'll let it go for cheapss