Chevy Wheel/Lug Nut Question

After 5 years, I am finally working on my Datsun again. She's running good, so It was time to do a little upgrading in the wheel department. I have chevy wheels and I am wanting to use the factory center caps. The factory lugs have external threads so that the caps mount on the lug nut. I would venture a guess to say that those factory chevy lugs are standard. Do any of you know if there is a metric automobile that mounts the centercaps up like chevy does so I can use my center caps? I have also thought that even if i found that lug nut, the lug nut covers on the caps would still be threaded standard, so i would be right back at square one. Do I have any options here or am I just going to have to forget my center caps? Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chevy wheels factory lugnuts were a 14 x 1.5mm metric thread. I have no idea what the outside threads are though. I have seen aftermarket lugnuts that were a differnt thread on the inside to convert the newer wheels onto older chevy's. But i have never seen them with 12 x 1.25 like a datsun has.

One option though would be to install the 14 x 1.5mm studs into the datsun hubs. Would require some custom work, but could be done. Larger wheel studs certainly isnt a bad thing either.