long day

tdaaj

well, my 620 reardiff went out on the way to work this morning bout 7:30, yesterday morning i guess. i am just now done fixing it.

i managed to hobble it back home, called the boss and said i'd be late thinking i coud have a new pumpkin thrown in by noon. not, the axle i was going to use the pumkin out of, well the previous person who worked on it, is a moron. damn thing was welded in. i didn't figure it out til after i had pulled the axle shafts too. sooo i had just gotten a parts donor truck from datsunaholic thankfully, but it was parked 20 miles from me and i had no way to get there. thankfully my bro was kind enough to help out. he came and got me in the f-250 we got from datsunaholic this past weekend. oh and btw my brakes gave up the ghost on the way back home this morning too.

so we get to the parts truck, check the brake pedal for pressure and sure enough the brakes were still good, pulled the master cylinder and torch the rear end, springs and all off at the frame. i've been wanting heavier springs for this thing too. got her home, prepped the new axle and srings and began pulling my assembly out.yeah that was fun, pulled the rear shackles, ebrake lines, main break line, drive shaft and shocks with no problems. started on the front leaf mounts , pass side came right appart with ease, then drivers........................tokk me 4 hrs and lots of cussing and swearing and air hammering, grinding and a 10 pound sledge to get it apart. i'll have pics tomorrow of the after math. but shes back on the road now, master cylinder changed out, brakes blead, srings and axle ass. installed and riding rough and high like a truck should.

that's what i did to my truck today.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic