Romano´s Swap ka24de into 510 Help!!!

Romano Jr

Hey dudes, recently I opened a thread to ask for advice about two engines that I had in mind to swap into my 510, but I have news, I recently bought a ka24de swap. So now I need help and advice to put this motor into my car for example; what kind of upgraded brakes, and my other doubt is, is it necessary to make the space bigger where the tranny goes in order to put in the new one?. My 510 has a bigger radiator than the OEM my doubt is if I need another one? I know you guys are experts when it comes to swaps and I am gratefull for all the advice you have given me, If it´s possible I would appreciate all the advice and information you have related to the swap. As soon as the swap is ready I promise to put videos and pictures of my car in this same thread. Thanks!!!!!!

romano510.jpg

romanos510.jpg

P.S. I haven´t been able to sleep the last five days thinking about the swap.....

my engine arrives on wednesday....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to cut it back for the shifter thats it, as far as radiator ka outlets are both on the passanger side. you will need to flip your crossmember or have one made. custom tranny mount or buy one. wire it up, shoten drivline, high volume fuel pump, run bigger fuel lines, wire up electric fan, redo atleast part of your exhaust.

you have to cut it back for the shifter thats it, as far as radiator ka outlets are both on the passanger side. you will need to flip your crossmember or have one made. custom tranny mount or buy one. wire it up, shoten drivline, high volume fuel pump, run bigger fuel lines, wire up electric fan, redo atleast part of your exhaust.

thanks so much!!! carnal

I all ready bought the S14 tranny, engine, ECU,w/ wires, maf sensor, cai oem from S14

Romano greetings, good luck with your project

what you need, just tell me, today I will try the electric fan for the datsun and clutch and flywell to mount as soon as possible

This is my carnal

expert on nissan´s engines and

he is helping me with my proyect here on México

I just wanna tell you both good luck, were all counting on you!

thanks so much!!

It will be hard work but we´ll put a lot of effort in to this proyect and see how it goes

any tips are welcome!!!

sorry to jack your thread but i keep hearing of this flip your cross member (can you tell im a newbie) i was just wondering if there is a tech or how to thread already started ?

Hey no problem dude

Im not sure about "how to"

but this guys know a lot about swaps

No you have to flip the crossmember, basicly cut the center out flip it around and weld it back in. U will want to make a jig to do this or I've heard of people leaving it bolted into the car while they do it. If u do the second way make sure all the suspension is unbolted and car is on jack stands

• Like 1

No you have to flip the crossmember, basicly cut the center out flip it around and weld it back in. U will want to make a jig to do this or I've heard of people leaving it bolted into the car while they do it. If u do the second way make sure all the suspension is unbolted and car is on jack stands

Ok thanks so much sssr20det510

what about brakes upgrade?

That's not tghe way to do it.

You grind the welds off the sleeves that the controll arm bolts slide on to flip the sleeve around to the other side of the cross member and weld them back in .

for the ka.. technically cnt the crossmember just be reversed.. no cutting.. and use longer bolts for control arm?

That's a bad idea those controll arm pins are hardened from the factory . People have done it with bolts and had them snap

• 3 weeks later...

hey dudes

thanks 4 your help

the proyect stars now

my 510 doesn´t have any engine right now

ka24 is in process

but there is a lot of questions

What kind of fuel pump?

What power steering is the best and cheaper?

I was told that the electric fan had to go in the outside (closed to the grilled ) what options do i have?

Offtopic: 280 zx brakes are really dificult (and expensive) to find here in México is there another option?

P.S. I don´t need the air conditioning compressor its any one interested to trade?

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

I heard something about modifications to the oil pan

Does anybody know something about this?

You could always build one if you don't feel ok about cutting on your crossmember. I did this.

0_0-10.jpg

More pics here..

But if you don't have a good welder(or alot of patience), forget about it.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't finished my swap(focused on other projects), so I'm no expert on the subject of swaps. Still working on mine, but I do know that the engine will fit, along with the transmission if you choose to go this route.