i need a long tail 5 speed. any '70-83,or 620 pickup as long as it's series,& long tail

Loren

my trans in my '70 Goon went bad Sunday. it won't shift while moving,& always made alot of noise (whining,scraping,&grinding ) I swapped out the original L16/column shift automatic,so I had to have the driveline shortened,just replaced the U-joints,and had to cut a hole for the floor shifter. I need a long tail 5 speed to fit without needing another driveline. I'm on unemployment,so i need it to be cheap. the car was my only driver,so i need it to be fairly local. Thanks-Loren

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should widen your search for an F4W71B 4 speed also of cost is a concern. It will also fit your conversion to 5 speed. The F4W63 4 speeds in the 610s are also long and should fit though the mount won't match yours. A 4 spd would at least get you going and might be free.

thanks Datzenmike, I'll look into that trans also. is that by any chance the Z car 4 speed? I've heard that one will work for my current set up. I'm actually hoping to find a '83 280zx 5 speed. my Goon seems to rev pretty high at freeway speeds (55 - 80 mph ),and I hear that trans has a taller 5th gear. as for the 610 trans,i'll watch for one. hopefully it will come still attached to the WHOLE CAR. I've been looking for a 610 for a few years. I had a '73 180b 4 door back in high school,but sold it. i'd always wanted a 510,& the 610 just wasn't quite fitting that mold back in the '80's. I've regretted selling it ever since. it was one of the best cars I've ever owned.

'73/'74 an up Z car and 620 trucks had the F4W71B long 4 speed. Also the '80 2wd 720 truck. '78-'80 810/ Maxima. The 4 spd was discontinued in the Z car in '79

The '80-'83 280zx (NON TURBO) 5 speeds had the tall overdrive 5th gears.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.