alright another dizzy question

christopher0227

so i got this 73 620 in a trade with a l20b beginning to think i took on a winter project it needed a carb got one ran fine then it started overheating so i bought a brand spanking new water pump 160 degree thermostat and the right lower radiator hose so it is not kinked any more now it will not start it has a electric mallory coil and disributer with the led points i had a guy with a voltage regulator come out its getting spark but i think the led points went out a number of guys told me to get rid of the mallory shit as they said and get a matchbox dizzy so my question is if i try a junk yard how do i tell if it is the infamous matchbox dizzy pics would help im new to the carburated world im a fuel injected guy thanks for your time

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put the old set up back in(as if was running before)

that means point coil, ballast resisitor and points. wire it up right!

otherwise if you get spark at the center coil wire ,placed near ground. should spark.

Did you put the motor on TDC to make sure it was pointed in the right direction? Was the rotor pointing on a spark plg wire. LIkde the #1 plug wire and its Counter clock wise fire order.

The Mallory will work but you still need the ballast resisitor and point coil in there so it dont pop the module. mena just use the stock point coil and the ballast resisitor.

Matchboxes are rare in the junkyard. Most are pulled already. Or are on here.