d21 driving itself, is this normal?

mirageshepard

I've never noticed this till yesterday, In drive or reverse it will move itself sitting on a flat surface, I even went around the neighborhood doing what I feel is about 10-15mph (gotta fix speedo too) without foot on gas @ all. I'll be putting in some sort of tach shortly to read RPM's even though it doesn't sound like it's high idle. It may have been doing this all along & never noticed because my mind was on other things on that engine (it has been 1 hell of a challenge). I've not touched any idle screws or adjustments on throttlebody but boss told me that when he had who ever it was put in 1 of the engines that they were "tweaking" to get it to run right but not sure what they tweaked, if they "tweaked" like they ran the vacuum lines then I have a feeling that MIGHT be the prob. As usual, any thoughts on this is appreciated.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There' is no sign of force when shifting into gear but I noticed that when I changed distributor cap & rotor & let it run for a few minutes before I drove it, it seems to be normal now so I'm guessing its something to do with idle warming up (even tho I haven't notice a change in engine speed while idling).....but I don't mind leting it sit for a few minutes for it to "act" right smile.gif.