"sensor" light always on

KrazzyKevin

I was just reading Nicholas7620's post about his headlights and when he said his brake light was always on it reminded me that the "Sensor" light in my 1986 720 is always on. I asked my mom (she's the original owner of the truck, bought it new in '86) and she says it's always been on as long as she can remember, and that she had it looked at at one point and was told it was nothing to worry about.

But, I'd like to know what it means, and how to turn it off. Here's a picture of the light in question:

CIMG0117.jpg

It's the yellow one on the left.

Anyway, my questions are: what sensor does the sensor light refer to, what would cause it to illuminate, and what can be done to turn it off.

Thanks.

-Kevin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So according to the wiki, the sensor light works just like the one on the 280zx. The o2 sensor is still good. The only thing that happened, when the truck hit a certain number of miles it tripped a contact to engage the light. The dealer would unplug the wires in question and send you on your way.

So, as best as I can tell from that wiki article, it's just a dummy light and I should go unplug the thing under the dash recommended in that article and not worry about it?

Edit: New question, the wiki says "There are to plug ins in under the dash in the upper right corner.(above the the hood pop lever) One plug in will be yellow and white the other yellow and black"

Here's a picture of the area in question (above the hood release) Who sees the yellow and white or yellow and black plug ins?

IDk why my picture wont show up. Here's a link to it on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47489646@N06/4964709404/