I am half way there

510six

I posted previously that I was hoping for 30 mpg with a 3 liter Lseries stroker using an AEM EMS with full sequential injection and using a dual fuel gasoline /E85 setup. The primary(gasoline) injectors are Honda 240cc units when under boost the fuel is switched to E85 using 6 1600cc injectors and 2 380cc injectors. The results after 500 highway miles was 31 mpg , it should be mentioned that the transmission is a T56 six speed with a .75 and a .50 overdrive the engine turns only 2100 rpm at 70 mph. The motor used is a bone stock N/A N42 , the built 3 liter will probably suffer a slight mileage penalty. I was pleasantly suprised, I did use almost 2 gallons of E85, but that was only under boost and not regular (or legal) highway speeds.

14injectors.jpg

10intake.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even show the nitrous plumbing (it was a mild PITA). The 510 weighs 2550 which I am sure is at least a 1k lighter that either the GTR or SHO, but the 510 has a drag CD of a shoebox.

I have video at the track with my old setup small turbo, big nitrous. The plan is after the 3 liter gets put back in and the turbo gets new oil seals is 500rwh on 20-22 psi and another 100 rwh with a small shot of nitrous .

n201.jpg

Should be easy:

* 305 HP Ford V6 make 31 mpg

* Corvette V8 gets 30 mpg

* Musting 5-letar get 25 mpg

* 1977 Datsun B210 got 50 mpg

But from all those listed. Which one has a 6 cylinder turbo? But you do have a point... I dont think this L series makes 300hp? Does it make 300 hp, or possibly more?!?!?!

Edit. Possible 500HP! WOWOWOWOWOWO!

That is bad ass...

The car currently has 246 rwh at 7.5 psi and should have around 300rwh at 9.5 psi as soon as it's tuned. The car was on track to 500 rwh until the dual disc clutch slipped at 440 rwh at 18 psi, a tripple disc is in the car now.

As far a making a L28et get 30 mpg, I could see mabey with a .75 overdrive with 3.33 gears I would also like to see how it would stack up in a freeway roll or a 1/4 mile run vs. my car.

dyno52110.jpg

This is an old dyno sheet with a large shot of nitrous

lastscandyno535.jpg

Until the clutch slipped at 18 psi , the car was on track to make 500rwh.

dyno420hp.jpg