620 Auto Setup / torque converter?

All, I have a 75 620, which after dismantling, has a JY labeled 280z Auto tranny. I bought the truck after the tranny had been installed, with the previous units torque converter. It shifts, but doesnt move forward.

Bought a unit last year, that looks just like the one that came out, except the nipple that goes into the flywheel is slightly larger then the hole in the plate, so it doesnt want to bolt up.

If I get some replys I'll put up pics of them.

I need either a TC from a 280z that will work on the flywheel, another, entire tranny rig that's known good, or a decent price on all the stuff to do a manual conversion.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All, I have a 75 620, which after dismantling, has a JY labeled 280z Auto tranny. I bought the truck after the tranny had been installed, with the previous units torque converter. It shifts, but doesnt move forward.

Bought a unit last year, that looks just like the one that came out, except the nipple that goes into the flywheel is slightly larger then the hole in the plate, so it doesnt want to bolt up.

I need either a TC from a 280z that will work on the flywheel, another, entire tranny rig that's known good, or a decent price on all the stuff to do a manual conversion.

Severely doubt the TC. Doesn't go forward but does it reverse?

Is this piece missing? It falls out easily.

6203N71B001Large.jpg

6203N71B002Large.jpg

Is it possible to do this with the engine in the truck? We managed to get the "bad" torque converter out, with the tranny loose and twisted down and around, but Q#@$%^#$%^ its hard. the PO did the inital auto swap, there were bolts missing, I dont think the flexplate was messed with.

We will look at the output shaft and make sure the little rod is in there.

The tranny would shift but it wouldnt go into gear, any gear. fluid and shifter linkadge were good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.