truck beds

chris67

I am going to go look at a 64 320 tomorrow and in my opinion the beds are so ugly on them. Will a 521 bed fit a 320 I know it wont bolt straight up but are they the same width?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"slodats 521" project has a few pics on page 3 of the thread that show how he cut off the top lip and hooks on the bed and made it look similar to the 85-86 720 boxes without the hooks, maybe something like that can be fabracated to give it a new look. I also thought about welding the box to the cab on the 521 pickup(giving it the NL look), and was going to shape the box to the lines of the cab. wayno

Does your new truck run? Does it shift on the column or on the floor? How are your doors, there is a datsun 320 right door with glass in portland for $20.00, as I am coming over there, is it something you might need? It looks like it has 720 wheels, what does the 66 have? Another saved datsun, Yea! wayno

This is the color scheme that I had on my 320 pickup before the kid came around the corner and hit me head on, I had a A15 with duel SUs and a 5 spd. transmission, the truck drove really well with the 437 gears in the rearend.

DSCF0014.jpg

This is the 320 I purchased from mike recently, it is having the bodywork/paint done now, hoping to get it back in a couple of weeks. I haven't the patience for bodywork and sanding and sanding and ect. wayno

DSCN0350.jpg

Does your new truck run? Does it shift on the column or on the floor? How are your doors, there is a datsun 320 right door with glass in portland for $20.00, as I am coming over there, is it something you might need? It looks like it has 720 wheels, what does the 66 have? Another saved datsun, Yea! wayno

Wayne I went thru the 66 completely today and have decided I am keeping the 66 for now its in great shape and wont take much to get her running and looking good again Sorry.

It has a newer 520 motor/tranny so its a floor shifter it ran when it was parked in 97. As for the doors there in great shape as is the glass only major rust is in the drivers fender.

IMG00325-20100822-1845.jpg