510 4 door-front door armrest question

SRSANDS

WHats up guys,

I have notice that the arm rests mounting holes in the front door arm rests dont line up with my factory threaded holes in the door sktructure for the push and pull upport of shutting the doors. I thought all he 510 interior was the same from 70-73? Did they have differnt armrests? I know I can easily remedy the situation buy making a backet behind the panel but I would like to know the reason. Is there and vehicles that I can look for to substitute that you know of? I just thought it was interesting....maybe someone knows the answer? :) GOnna fix the problem one way or another today....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine have 3 holes, one in front, two in back. The two in back -- One is just a screw that goes on the panel into the door, the other one is the rear hole for the arm rest. The screw that goes into just the panel & door act as the pull support for the arm rest...

Sands,I have a hunch somewhere along the lines someone may have replaced the interior panels. I have just finished molds for the kick panels and front and rear interior panels for a two door. I think some of the panels interchange between different models,but I dont know which ones. Yet!

Ya my car is a conglomeration of mix and match parts from all over....I am the one that put these interior panels in but had sold the doors they were orginally from and as far as the door pulls I have no idea where or when I got those they just showed up in my parts pile:)

Sands,I have a hunch somewhere along the lines someone may have replaced the interior panels. I have just finished molds for the kick panels and front and rear interior panels for a two door. I think some of the panels interchange between different models,but I dont know which ones. Yet!

The front panels wil work in my four door.....lets see a pic

The front panels wil work in my four door.....lets see a pic

Someone else told me the front pnls will be the same for a two and four door,but the doors are longer on aMy link two door ,right.Shorter doors-four door,so how does that work?