WTB A series head!!

Yeah, I'm looking. Bolt won't drill out, so I'm testing the waters on replacing. I'll pay for shipping if the price is right.

Need it ASAP.

Would prefer from a running car, but as long as it's together.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have the machine shop take it out for you ? a bit cheaper if your valve train components are good right ? hopefully yer head is flat ;)

Shipping on heads can get EXPENSIVE ! I had an E-31 L24 head shipped from Mass. to Oregon for $68.00 UPS Ground :o ,,, guy quoted $35.00 , so I paid him the difference and had him pack wood under the mating surface for protection since UP'S is soooooooo careful :rolleyes: .... :lol:

But IDK , your head will weight less , and the quote I gave is clear across the U.S so yeah :rofl:

dry.gif Machine shop.. Fucking FACEPALM.

Why didn't I think of that before? Better yet, why didn't YOU mention it before? GAH I'm calling around tomorrow.

While you have the head off , check for "flatness" on head as well as block deck !

:lol: ..... c'mon MetalMonkey ,,,, put da dr. peppa down ,,, pick up da phone ,,, call many shops ( don't go cheapest , go most experience and best procedure for best results on anything you have done ;) )

All of the machine shops are going to tell you that they have been doing this stuff for years or best technology ,,, doesn't mean shit if they can't use it :lol: .... There is a local family machine shop 7 minutes away from me ,,, had work done on a Subaru Head when I was 17 ,,,, I will never even refer my worst enemy to this shop after that experience nor have I ever gone back there ,,,, But my work uses them for ALL of their machine work when it needs to be done and well let's just say the success rate is like 60% maybe at best IMHO !!!

Hell , we even had a pair of rotors I sen't down to them ,,, they were 8 weeks old , and warped because of the way the driver basically drove/brake ( riding them all the time :rolleyes: ) ,,, They turned them Soooooooooooooooooo much that they were OUT OF SPEC !!! I measured them since I know who I sen't them too ,,, sadly it was cheaper just to throw them away and buy a new set to begin with <_< ( since we had to overnight another set ) Can you say " der der der der der " :lol:

Right, so measure the head flatness yourself. 99% of shops will insist that a perfectly fine A-series head needs to be re-milled to flatness. They don't even bother to check it. The Nissan A14 specification is anything over 4 thousands needs to be shaved. I've never seen one that much out of shape even after blowing head gasket.

A12 spec is even tighter, up to 0.0039 is OK.

22349.jpg

WOW this thread got away from me.

Yeah, the shop didn't want to do it, and I've sourced a A14 head from Pull-A-Part and their pricing page says $32 and some change so thats way cheaper then any shop would pull it for.

I'm not too concerned about having any milling done. I don't think theres much of a chance I'll be having a issue with head flatness.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.