520 rear motor mount

boxboy

I am experiencing some intermittent vibrations that I don't like in my 520. I have regreased the wheel bearings and changed the upper bushings, so I don't think it is wheel related. I have also changed the u-joints, so that is out. I am guessing it is a motor mount. (Working with original equipment here. J13 and a 4 speed.) I have found a few rear mounts on Ebay, and they look about half right. From the image in Ebay, and the parts manual, it looks like the mount has bolts that mount it to the tranny, and then two bolts that mount it to the perch. The perch in my truck however doesn't seem to have any bold holes, and the mount appears to be welded on. The manual lists a few different part numbers for the 520. Mine is a 68. Any one have a pic they can throw my way of what it should look like?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, apparently no luck there. How about, does anyone have a pic of a 521 rear motor mount and perch? I am talking about the one for the tranny. I am suspicious that one of the PO's of my truck may have switched from the orig. perch and mount. Any help out there?

To continue this conversation with myself, I have come to believe that the rear tranny mount and perch on my 68 520 is actually from a 69 and on version for the 521 with the L16. Anyone know why they would do that? Anyone know why I can find the older ones for sale and not the 521 models?

Thanks man. Yeah, that is what is in my truck. Just not sure why since that is supposedly a 521 perch and mount and my truck is a 520. Anyway, wondering if they are NLA. I have found some 520 mounts on Ebay for next to nothing, and thought about buying one and modifying it to work, but wonder if there are the 521 models out there somewhere just as cheep. Maybe someone who knows will reply.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! AAAAA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Read this thread...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22858-wtb-521-trans-mount/page__p__322591__fromsearch__1#entry322591

Good luck...

New or custom.

I figured poly 240sx

mount521ben240sx.jpg

or generic GM mount

chevymountmodforben521copy.jpg

Or new!

102$

http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-pickup-parts.html

They still make replacements in RUshhia and Korea... Nissan Part # 11320-28000

Find some cheap... Let us know...

• 2 weeks later...

Still researching this and can't find a solution that is clear. Ebay is selling mounts that have a part number 11320-14801. That part was superceded by 14802 and 28000. Wondering if there is a measurement from the tranny to the top of the perch somewhere, or if it matters. Or if someone knows which poly mount pictured above would work, do you have a part number?