will thi MC work on my72 510

fourfiveten

Sorry I dont know how to post the link. I need a MC for my 72 510 stock, I found a two tower 3/4 top and bottom mount MC for sale but the person selling claims it's for a 79-82 510. Does anyone know of a reason this wont work on my 72???

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

those things tend to be pretty interchangeable. You could upgrade to a larger size if you wanted to. I went from a 5/8" from a 620, to a 7/8" from a Z , biggest one I believe is a 15/16". They should all line up. If the bolt pattern looks the same, I say go with it.

I dont need the brake booster, and it looks the same as my old one so I guess I'l just get it and keep my fingers x'ed. Pretty sure the sellers just got the years wrong. Thanks for the responce and still if anyone knows why not? still appreciate a heads up.

I tried going to the bigger master cylinder because i couldnt find the 3/4 inch one.It didnt work,it bolted up fine and i had to slightly change the bend on the hydraulic line but it took a lot of force with my foot to get the car to stop,it didnt feel like i had good brakes so i took it out,the 3/4 works much better on my car.My brakes are stock except for slotted rotors.I read here somewhere about changing the m/c and how diffrent sizes wont work right with your stock brakes.

Thanks John, I've ordered a 3/4 stock mc. my brake setup is nismo slotted rotors in front with a brake pad up grade and some vented alum 280 drums on back with stainless lines so it's an upgraded stock. Can't wait till they're back together so I can get my dime registered and roll.