Help identifying intake manifold

kaoss

I found an intake manifold laying in the bed of my parts truck the other day. I know nothing about it other than it is not the intake off of my parts truck. What I want to do is get rid of the ugly intake and exhaust manifold on my l20b that is in my '77 620. The side of the head is stamped u67.

The intake I found laying around is marked with an A35 on on side, then on the other side there are two parallel lines and the number 2. There is a pipe fitting of sorts coming out of it that says type 13a. Here are some pics, I hope this will work on my l20b.

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably from an L16 as there is no EGR set up on it. The pipe with the 13a is the PCV valve and connects to the block vent pipe. Keep that.

IMG_3817.jpg

The small holes between and below each pair of intake ports is to allow hot coolant from the head to flow up the runners and out that small pipe with the plastic cap on it, and back down to the lower rad hols inlet to the block. This warms the intake air and helps to evaporate the fuel. The motor will run more consistent in all temperatures. The intake/exhaust you removed was equipped with a heat riser valve that directed hot exhaust against the bottom of the manifold below the carb. This is way it was bolted together. Does the same thing but the water manifold is better. Your U67 head won't likely have the holes in it for this anyway. I would drill the head to match the intake gasket and leave the cap on the pipe. If you find the motor runs poorly in cool or cols weather you can always remove the cap and do a little plumbing work to get it working.