Wheel painting

dennis

I have some new work equip 03 looking wheels. I dont like the color of them but the deal was so great that I can deal with it. One of the issues I have is what color to paint the centers, I was thinking of going gold and painting the inside of the rim silver or stripping it down and shooting a clear over it because it makes the wheel area appear dark.

Opinions????

004.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of opinions are you looking for? To paint them or not? What color? To give them to me?

Check out this site for ideas. iputinwork

Do you want it to go with the yellow or a different color?

I think this looks good. Haven't seen anything like it.

g35_gs4_sr_brnz_03.jpg

The final color is going to be a powder blue. Opinions on the color of the centers as the car is sitting right now and if the silver would brighten up the insides of the brake area.

Here is a color I was thinking about painting it.

011.jpg

wow! what program did you use to change the color and still retain the shading and light angles? I can only get photoshop to do a single solid color across the board...

nice work!

Photochop!

It is really easy to do too, just takes a little bit of time and patience. This one was a quickie, I could have done it better but I didnt feel like sitting here doing it for a couple of hours.

I did it in four layers, I copied the rims to two layers since I wanted to brighten up the brakes. On the four layers I selected "Color" for the type of layer. Then with a large brush mode set on "Vivid Light" I colored the car. Once I painted the car I did a select all (ctrl + the rectangle box on that layer) and then did a fill because it is streaky. Then I erased the areas I didnt want colored.