Just Joined From MO

so i thought i would say hello. Love the site! And i wanted to introduce myself, my name is Erick, i am from cameron, mo i hang out with midwest s30 kid, i have talked to freekwonder on kcsr.org, before, and have talked to PurePontiacKid on kcda-online.com a couple of times. anyway i love datsuns, and i will post pics of the current project soon, gonna make a short build thread on it. its a 77 280z with 5 spd, factory air and cruise control. both of which are getting removed and put in a box for safe keeping. its getting lightened and built into a track car so i can take it to drift days at heartland park in topeka, ks. but here is a shot of my old car nothing special, a 74 260z with a L28 and schneider cam, clifford 4 barrell intake and holley 500 carb. it ran good, real quick, and i loved toying with mustang owners around here with it but i sold it last year to buy my dream car (hate all you want) a 66 chevelle. couldn't shake the datsun bug tho, and awhile ago a friend of mine asked if i still liked playing with datsuns and of course i said yes. so he says " have one in my drive way if you are interested." so i said "how much?" and he said "haul it off and its yours!" i was excited and towed it home. so i am back in the game, just recently found your site here and love it. hope i am welcome here.

and here are the pics i promised::

datsun1.jpg

datsun7.jpg

datsun12.jpg

datsun3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when ever I get a slew of 16-18 year old kids that come asking about drifting Z's I always tell them to just go buy a 240sx.

no only because its a classic datto with a unibody but the steering angle for the big sideways drifts just isnt there and most people arnt used to sliding let alone driving sitting that far back in a car.

so please, just dont put it into a wall <_<

and welcome to Ratsun :cool:

haha, no i am not a punk 16-18 year old kid, and i have learned to drift in my old fc rx7 and 240sx s13 coupe, i rolled the coupe btw. ouch... its more a show thing i want the oldest car out there and the awesome thing about heartland park topeka is its wide open , no walls hardly its only gonna make it out there once or twice anyway. and if you want more pics i can try to find some good ones or just check out the photobucket i got a few there. not many good ones and knock the paint and body work all you want i got it that way and i took a 2 ft tall aluminum spoiler off of it when i got it. it looked so wrong..

haha, no i am not a punk 16-18 year old kid, and i have learned to drift in my old fc rx7 and 240sx s13 coupe, i rolled the coupe btw. ouch... its more a show thing i want the oldest car out there and the awesome thing about heartland park topeka is its wide open , no walls hardly its only gonna make it out there once or twice anyway. and if you want more pics i can try to find some good ones or just check out the photobucket i got a few there. not many good ones and knock the paint and body work all you want i got it that way and i took a 2 ft tall aluminum spoiler off of it when i got it. it looked so wrong..

if you can hold it sideways, rad. :cool:

post pics :lol:

98% of the people asking about drifting a Z are kids with little driving experience much less drifting,

that you know are going to be smacking the rear 1/4 hard sooner than later :(

yeah the kid i sold my red 93 240sx hatch to, spent alot of money building the ka24de up and the first run out he tore the rear end off and i mean off on light pole. sad but funny cause he was all talk. i'm no pro by any means but i love building the cars. should be a given cause the newest car i own is this 77 280z. i live a block from my work so mpg is not a concern to me. and i don't push them to hard. to much money to rebuild. especially when they aren't easy to find parts for any way. but my plans for the 280 are either o.d. green with satin black bre style stripes, or satin silver with the same style stripes. and i have pretty cool old school set of weld turbine style wheels i am having powder coated bronze. and the some real old school white letter tires stretched out on it. i want a set of zg flares and a front and rear lip but my budget is tight on this one.

also i can't say that i have drifted the Z's yet because my last one had too much fiberglass to risk it. and it was a cornering monster, i have complete 78 parts car for this one so a little fun could be in order ;)

also i can't say that i have drifted the Z's yet because my last one had too much fiberglass to risk it. and it was a cornering monster, i have complete 78 parts car for this one so a little fun could be in order ;)

just get a feal for it somewhere theres no poles lol

and they corner lilke a monster cuz thats what they where made for

just get a feal for it somewhere theres no poles lol

and they corner lilke a monster cuz thats what they where made for

for sure man, for sure. i love that your ass is practically over the rear axel. i love muscle cars, but i have yet to find one that is as fun to drive as Z cars

for sure man, for sure. i love that your ass is practically over the rear axel. i love muscle cars, but i have yet to find one that is as fun to drive as Z cars

theres a dude on HBZ that built an S30 drift car and adapted a subi front steering rack to increase the steering angle

i'll have to check it out. this is just going to be for fun tho, although things always start that way. may be a good project for me i need to work on custom work and machining more. my chevelle is gonna need alot for my plans with it. btw thats where all my money is going... but the things you do for a dream car.