how much more clearance with ZG flares on S30?

Iceman

I just got some used wheels for my Z and the offset puts them out more than I had hoped. I figure they are about a -10mm if I understand how to do the measurements properly. They are 8" wide with a measurement of 3 1/8" from the rear lip to the back of the hub. With them mounted, they sit with about 1" of the width threatening to hit the edge of the fender. What kind of measurements can I take to see if ZG flares will make enough of a difference to use these wheels? Is there a certain amount of clearance from the top of the tire to the fender lip that I wont even need to worry about it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you find a 8inch wide wheel with a -10mm offset?...... ... .. .. what diameter?

I'm shure most people have seen that dark blue 240z with cf zg flares and the HUGE 16" Watanabes

They rears are 16x9.5 -19 and are tucking into the ZG flares quite nicely....... I'm not shure what mods the car has though

The fronts are 16x8.5 -6

240.1.jpg

240.2.jpg

240.3.jpg

It all depends on how slammed you want it,,,, and how much you like camber

Because Yuta's slammed Z is tucking 15x10s in the front with 205 tires and a super crazy negative offset

I'm with Skib...ZG's might be too much. I think they add 2" or so, plus you have to trim down the fender arches & re-weld to install them.

Even if they stick out a bit at static ride height, they may be able to tuck in a little under compression.