WTB: Carburetor for 1978 B210

Ok, so I just acquired a B210 as the title implies. I would very much like to purchase a carburetor for the b210, I believe the engine is the A14. (auto, if that makes a difference) I am open to suggestions be it stock or aftermarket. I am still new to this so excuse my ignorance.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And how does one go about doing that?

It's fairly simple. You basically remove the choke breaker and electronic choke pieces and install a cable with a spring onto the choke flap.

Either that or you could replace the choke breaker (it leaks vacuum) and find a few small pieces and rebuild the electric choke. Most of the pieces are on it still.

It's fairly simple. You basically remove the choke breaker and electronic choke pieces and install a cable with a spring onto the choke flap.

Either that or you could replace the choke breaker (it leaks vacuum) and find a few small pieces and rebuild the electric choke. Most of the pieces are on it still.

I see, lets assume for a moment that I have no idea what you are talking about. :) I think you are right that it probably is very do-able but to be honest it is probably a little out of my knowledge bracket. (at the moment) This is my first carb'd car so I am trying to ease myself into it.

While trying not to sound to much like an idiot I have stumbled across a few things. ebay or this site national Carb

I have no idea of these are the correct parts and the ebay one seems a little awkward as they think it is for an A14.

I will admit that having an SR20 has spoiled me and made me soft as parts are super simple to find. For right now with the Datsun, if it means paying a little more for something that will be a little bit easier for me to understand, then I will pay the extra cash. Once I get my feet wet and I gain a better understanding, I will absolutely try more complex things.

Okay, in that case you want to do this as simply as possible laugh.gif

Buying a new replacement is a good choice, but you have to consider what type of choke your car uses and buy a carb that uses the same choke type unless you want to rewire. You may want to ask the ebay seller what kind of choke it is ;)

So what I'm understanding is that you have a fair amount of automotive knowledge, just not with carb'd engines?

Okay, in that case you want to do this as simply as possible laugh.gif

Buying a new replacement is a good choice, but you have to consider what type of choke your car uses and buy a carb that uses the same choke type unless you want to rewire. You may want to ask the ebay seller what kind of choke it is ;)

So what I'm understanding is that you have a fair amount of automotive knowledge, just not with carb'd engines?

My knowledge of certain automotive attributes is fair, I have a tendency to surround myself with people who can do the things that I can not, but those are stories for another day. But yes Carb'd engines are out of realm of understanding. I will ask the seller, thanks for the tip.

I just realized there is actually a want to buy section, I am awful and apologize. So I took some time to investigate the car and it would seem that it is an electric choke. If this sounds wrong let me know. I took some pics of the engine bay I will post those up later.

Mistakes are mistakes. lol fuckit.

Electric is good. Although, I'm not sure how they are wired up so if your car didn't use a manual choke,you may have to wire in a relay to a 12 volt source.

Well I assume it is electric as my friend saw a button or switch that read auto choke. There isn't a place where I can refurbished carbs is there?

Sounds like it could be.

Not to my knowledge :( Although, you could always opt for an after market and upgrade it. The Weber 32/36 DGV is a good carb, but you will need an adapter and you'll need to fab a throttle cable bracket and a few other small things.

Sounds like it could be.

Not to my knowledge :( Although, you could always opt for an after market and upgrade it. The Weber 32/36 DGV is a good carb, but you will need an adapter and you'll need to fab a throttle cable bracket and a few other small things.

Would I have to worry about the choke factor if I were to take that route?

1 wire w/ inline 10amp fuse to choke housing from ---> positive side "+" of ignition coil and hook it too the choke housing ! baddddaaaaaa bing baddddddda booooom , yer done ! ( this is a good temp fix , you could wire it in nicely later for an extra 5-10 minutes! )

Ok so this is starting to make sense t me. Really I can buy whatever Weber carb I like as long as I get the adapter plate. The water choke is simple but I should in theory already have a power line for the electric choke. So for example I could in theory buy that weber carb that just came up for sale in this category, The carb is universal in the sense that it is just the size that I need to look at, (being 32/36) and I chose the choke method that best suits my build.

Now if I am off please correct me.

That is correct. As long as there's an adapter available, which there is for the DGAV, then you could fit it. In fact, the 32/36 DGAV is the exact carb on my car. I noticed the one in the bid. Might wanna make sure that the adapter provided is the correct one for an Aseries, because it looks like maybe an L intake that it's on.

If you need an adapter for an A, here is where I purchased mine. http://www.jameng.com/prices/#section_14

With a Weber, you will need to wire up a switched 12 volt wire for your anti-diesel solenoid and may need to remove your EGR and bolt on a blockoff (super easy to make) onto the open spot.

B210 in north america were ALL fitted with electric choke

you can use a carb from 1972-1982 B110, B210, B310 they all have little differences even in the same year. The early ones are jetted richer, the later ones leaner but they all run OK on the various engines A12, A13, A14 and A15.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.