does anyone do mobile auto painting?

was looking at getting my engine bay painted, just the engine bay, and was given $400-600 price range to do it. now i know if i prep the car myself (ie,,,sand or aircraft remove and then primer the engine bay) that i shouldnt be spending that much?

im looking at getting it painted that chevy turquoise then eventually work the outside but for now i want the engine bay to pop!

is there any mobile painters out there? or am i looking at the same price range to have it painted at a shop or have someone come to my house to do it?

just wondering?:huh:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes....plan is to have everything completely gutted inside....except, it will still be on the chassis because i have no place to remove the shell from it (for now at least).

i mean if it can be done im all for it. if not, i will wait till i have the frame off the chassis

:dunno: id say there are probably many in the LA area, crap shoot i know...

thats the last step, while not take the last step and do it all your self?

im almost there. (its not a show car)

you're right.... but if you lok at mklotz70's 320 build, he had the engine bay spiffee'd up and it showed.... and alot of people want me to keep that ratrod patina/old school look but seems like the engine bay is where it starts... what is "it" i dunno but i figured if painting the engine bay can work and within budget i'd do it.... fearing the rattle can job but i'd be willing to do it. just not convinced i want to.

i may just stick to cleaning up the engine block. :)

fearing the rattle can job but i'd be willing to do it. just not convinced i want to.

i may just stick to cleaning up the engine block. :)

NO FEAR!

if the rattle canning sucks, its just a bit more sanding to start over. :unsure:

mine came out pretty good w/the motor in. added even better rattle can layer when it was out :rofl:

maybe itlll last till the complete restore???

Are you also looking for color sanding and buffing?

I could probably go do it and charge you less of what they had quoted you.

If you bring it down to Orange County, it would be cheaper.

to be honest, either-or

i can prep the truck myself to get it painted...ill strip and primer what i need painted myself if need be unless it is easier for you to do it.... as far as color i dont know if i buy it my self or the painter provides it... it is just too many processes to paint and i dont have the equipment..

but i can bring it to the o.c.....

here is my vision: (borrowing from mklotz70's archive)

pre:

DCP_6318.jpg

prep:

DCP_6515-1.jpg

and the end result:

DCP_6535.jpg

DCP_6531.jpg

i may just paint the chassis black for the meantime but later with more time and money i'd like the chassis painted....for now just the engine bay

what would i be looking at cost?