Need Tranny rear seal part number

Hey guys need to get help here idenifing what I think is a F4W63 4 speed tranny and I have it bolted to a J15 motor problem is like I said I think it is a F4W63 tranny and the rear seal is leaking. the pictures below are the two trannys that I have the bottom one in the picture is the transmission that is leaking at the rear seal. Anybody got a number for the rear seal and is it availible?

revswitchforL320tranny-1.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F4W63 by the looks of it, the other looks like the 3 speed from a pre '65 520? Either way they both use the same rear seal Nissan #32136 E0100. This seal was also used on the F4W71B and FS5W71B up into the '80s (at least)

F4W63 by the looks of it, the other looks like the 3 speed from a pre '65 520? Either way they both use the same rear seal Nissan #32136 E0100. This seal was also used on the F4W71B and FS5W71B up into the '80s (at least)

Mike, would that go for both the long and short tail doglegs? Mine are due for replacement also

The dogleg actually uses a different number but it could just be a different supplier or slightly up graded or longer or something simple. The F4W63 may still work in it but here's the correct # 32136 U0100

Mike thanks for the part # the one in top of the picture was in the car when i got the car (65-320) but though previuos post responces I put the tranny in thats in the bottom of the picture because its a later model thinking its better for what thats worth! I assumed the tranny in the top of the picture was a 4 speed, never got to put it on the road but went though the gears with the car on jack stands and from what I remember its a 4 speed!

Mike thanks for the part # the one in top of the picture was in the car when i got the car (65-320) but though previuos post responces I put the tranny in thats in the bottom of the picture because its a later model thinking its better for what thats worth! I assumed the tranny in the top of the picture was a 4 speed, never got to put it on the road but went though the gears with the car on jack stands and from what I remember its a 4 speed!

4 speed? Could be, I don't see many of those. Maybe Mklotz70 knows what was in them.

now its just sitting on the shelf dont really have a use for it I will probably sell it. Were these trannys problematic?

The F4W63? No they were fine for an L16/18 and could handle an L20B in a car. For the heavier truck an F4W71B was used.

The other is (I think) an R3W65 or column shift tranny. Just a guess.