Anyone into sentras

How do you read the codes off of the computer on one of these throttle body injected things? I know there are blinky lights that spell out the problem sometimes.........I have sentra that will crank w/spark and only run if you feed her fuel. fuel pump/pressure great. I think the injector isn't working......however when I test power at the injector i get power on the ground side, and ground on the power side.......even with the key off........I am mystified anyone have any ideas??

Bill

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhhh so what year sentra??

i have a cable i can plug into the thing in the fuse box an read codes an do all kinds of other neat shit... but as far as i know its only good on 91-94..

fyi.. i do things to sentras... naughty things..

edit: just noticed it said 87...

ummm isnt that shit carb'd? or is it TBI? i dont know nothin bout that stuff.. only 91-94.. an prefferably se-r.. lol

yeah it is an 87. yes it is throtle body injected. Yes it has an ECM and I know there is a sequence on how to get it to blink out the trouble codes on the computer itself (it has a red and green light on the ecm itself) I have done this before, but it was many moons before and I cant remember wtf to do...........

Just thought maybe someone had a manual or could give me some insight......thanks for trying though!!

Bill

• 8 months later...