porr dyno day

djaztek12

hey guys i got a problem took my car to the dyno, and she lean out real bad after 7k. she made power between 2 to 7k and after 7k she lean out bad all the power drop. the a/f was around 15 to 15 1/2 we thought that was a bit high when i ask around they said it should be @ 12 to 12 1/2. with this set up she did 165 whp. on a dyno pac dyno.

heres the set up.

13b 6 port n/a standar Bridge Port

2 msd 6a boxes

2 msd coil blaster 2 coils

48 weber ida

43 mm venturis

f11 tubes

210 mains

150 air

70 idle

300 needle.

i though that was bad for fo a bp motor

total power 185 rwd not bad :P

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first mistake its a rotary... LOL had to do it sorry but i break out in a rash when near one..

a/f in the 12s is way rich for a NA set up. stick to around the 13.5 range also 185 ona dynapak is about 160 on a dynoyet and less on a dynamic. but with that power with hooking up you might get lucky with a high 13 but looking around low to mid 14's in the 1/4 to give you a idea at the track

first mistake its a rotary... LOL had to do it sorry but i break out in a rash when near one..

a/f in the 12s is way rich for a NA set up. stick to around the 13.5 range also 185 ona dynapak is about 160 on a dynoyet and less on a dynamic. but with that power with hooking up you might get lucky with a high 13 but looking around low to mid 14's in the 1/4 to give you a idea at the track

isn't a dyno pac dyno better cause it connects straight to the hub then a dynoyet, mustan or a dynamic

i have it on good authority that webbers want 41 venturis with a bridgeport. i had them on my streetported 13b, but it runs much better with 39 venturis. would probably find all the info you could dream of at the rotary forums. very few dudes on here have a rotary swap, and even less that have the swap know what they are doing.

you could be losing a bunch of power from your exhaust. going to a 2.5" freeflow racing beat type pipe can gain you +30 hp over stock. thats the first place id look. then jump to the intake and flywheel, and try some electric fans too. a bridgeport should put you into the 200-240 hp range if tuned properly. your porting is definitely affected by which exhaust tins you have, and if the sleeves were removed. sorry if this stuff is basic, i havent look at your threads, i dont know your experience level.

i have it on good authority that webbers want 41 venturis with a bridgeport. i had them on my streetported 13b, but it runs much better with 39 venturis. would probably find all the info you could dream of at the rotary forums. very few dudes on here have a rotary swap, and even less that have the swap know what they are doing.

you could be losing a bunch of power from your exhaust. going to a 2.5" freeflow racing beat type pipe can gain you +30 hp over stock. thats the first place id look. then jump to the intake and flywheel, and try some electric fans too. a bridgeport should put you into the 200-240 hp range if tuned properly. your porting is definitely affected by which exhaust tins you have, and if the sleeves were removed. sorry if this stuff is basic, i havent look at your threads, i dont know your experience level.

exhaust is racing beat set up electric fan. just to wacky a friend he said to change the air jets to 120, and maybe the main to a 230 and thats all she needs :lol:

The dyno pack dyno is the most accurate dyno as there is NO wheel slip,IMO a 12.5 to 12.2 A/F ratio is a "safe" ratio for a N/A motor.

http://dynapack.com/

more then safe its rich, it will yeild more power and still be ok leaning it out some. now it the comp was high and running pump gas i would keep it rich to help prevent detonation and maintaining the champers cool