GOT MY Z TODAY!!

Whats up guys long time no chat! Well I just got my 1978 280Z yesterday off a young asian fellow in Los Angeles this thing is a beauty got a lot of rust some pretty bad as you will see but I definitely got over! This thing runs like a dream! Seller said its running rich constantly (think its cause of the AFM) :huh: But its not putting out any smoke. Idling kinda rough on start up and after it stays under 1K. On the freeway it hauls ass! Not sure what all has been done but from what I can see its just filter and Cat Back exhaust! I do have some heavy cancer in the rear end that needs to be cut out, and replaced as well as the rear hatch! IF ANYONE HAS A REAR HATCH THATS IN GOOD SHAPE PLEASE LET ME KNOW I NEED ONE ASAP!!! Also I need a right rear lock mechanism the part that actually latches. The previous owner did some shady patch jobs so it needs some body work but for $1000 you cant beat it! YES $1000 :blink: Here are some pics to get you started I'll post some videos when I get a chance. If anyone has any ideals about the Rich condition besides the AFM that would be appreciated too! EnjoY!

DSCN2387.jpg

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2388.jpg

DSCN2381.jpg

DSCN2382.jpg

NEED A REAR HATCH BAD!!! ANYONE GOT ONE THEY WANT TO SELL?

DSCN2390.jpg

DSCN2386.jpg

DSCN2389.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

DSCN2384.jpg

DSCN2385.jpg

Thats all for now more to come soon! :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I've dealt with a few of those; "dude, it'll pass for sure!" kind of sales... nightmare. I made the mistake of buying without a valid smog cert, only to spend another $500 till i could get it to pass... sigh. Good luck man- good looking Z BTW any way you look at it!

Haha, I haven't bought a car yet without having the owner do it or has already done it ;)

Well I figure changing the AFM and the coolant temp sensor should do it... Can someone tell me where that is on this engine and also how I can adjust the idle up a little so its closer to 1k RPM? Its registered til Dec. so I have some time to work the issues out but Id rather get her purring right now so I can start the body work issues. No luck on a rear hatch for sale yet?