Fuck. My engine tested low on compression,again.. all below 45psi Dang I was hoping for some old school R16 action, guess time for a swap. :angry: Question is now.. What engine lol my partner wants a sc'ed miata engine, I'm like meh. SR20's I have to cut and KAs cost the same as the miata engines local.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would even run that low. Was the engine warmed up??? Check the valve clearances, too tight will lower the compression. Squirt some oil in the cylinders.... if it goes up the rings are tired, if not, could need a valve job (cheaper than rings)

actually thinking 4agze myself, not near the power of the ka but I've already got the sc laying around. Going to tinker with the R16 a bit first, might just rebuild it as it honestly is cheaper then buying another motor.. I'm tempted by the 6 speed miata transmission though.. mmmm 6 gears.

Just grinds my gears that the engine worked great when I first got the thing, but now is being a piece of crap. Never even got to drive the thing. :mellow:

When I get home I'm going to yank the head, check the gasket and re-torque the bolts, last time this happened they ended up loose and was letting compression go... Worst comes to worse I could get an H20 head and rebuild it then turbo the R16.. Just hope the wife dont beat me :lol: