Help with Int. wipers

I have a 79 king cab I am parting out, So I ganked the wiper switch, delay box and harness from it and put it in my 77 tonight. Got it all installed (easy) but no intermittent setting......the wipers will work on fast and faster setting, and will return to the rest position if i move the switch down to the int. position.

I had access to another 79 king cab, so I yanked that all out too and put every bit of it in 1 by 1, tried both switches, both boxes and both harnesses and still no int. Possible that I have bad int boxes? Or do I need to be grabbing the wiper motor too?

Anyone with any experience on this as a problem, or am i just stuck with bad parts?

Thanks

Bill

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the motor is specific to the delay. The module turns the wiper motor on briefly and then off just the same as if you did it by hand. Once turned off the motor continues by itself in park mode.and stops.

I did this using 720 parts but using a variable delay.

Bill, make sure that you have ignition power at the harness connector for the delay box. I think it is a blue/white stripe wire. Without power to that wire, the delay will not work. Do you have 5 or 6 wires at the harness connector?

After finally getting around to messing with this, I found the problem. In the jumper harness there is a Black wire with a red stripe Where the jumper harness plugs into the factory harness. There is a pin missing in the factory harness (5 spades factory, 6 spades in the jumper) supply 12v to this wire with my power probe and Voila' we have intermittent wipers!! Thanks for the replies guys, and yello 620 thanks for setting me on the right track of looking for wires that might need to be powered!

Bill