Clutch M/C

boxboy

I installed a new M/C for my clutch last night. While bleeding it, my wife was pumping the pedal and then holding it down while I loosened the bleeder on the slave cyl. Once the fluid came out (white and milky) she couldn't get the pedal off the floor without grabbing it with here hand. Is that normal? I drove it after and it seemed to work, but the pedal is pretty soft. Seems to work just like it did before changing the M/C. The reason I changed it was because it looked like it was seeping fluid a bit. Not drops, but dampness.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there should be a return spring connected brake lever wherither there is a MC in there or not.

milky is moisture and could be from the slave cylinder also. as it get wet down there.

if MC leaks from inside yes its going badmaybe not bad enough to change it right away, its just ruins the paint.I hate it myself. Try to find a Jap made part as I dont have good results in the Taiwan made ones. 5 yrs as daily driver is about Max for me. then I got to replace it. so maybe buy 2 if no jap ones avail

The reason I changed it was because it looked like it was seeping fluid a bit. Not drops, but dampness.

tell her she broke it and has to buy you another truck!!!

look at the flex line, replacing together would be my recomendation.

The wife actually said the pedal would just go to the floor without her pushing on it as soon as I opened the bleeder. Then she couldn't get it to come back with out pulling it up and I could hear a clunk when she did it.