72 240Z Brakes

DatDoug

72 240Z

New master Cyl. (bench bled)

New front calipers ( str8 fluid coming out)

No peddle pressure!

Cant find bleeeder screwa on rear drum brakes :blink:

Can anyone please tell me what the magic word is? :angry:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The magic word in your case is "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWKKKK" --- :blink:

Brake Bleeding --- PR,DR,PF,DF ( remember you will have this trouble regardless if you don't bleed the rear brakes first starting from the furthest from the master cylinder in order (1)Passenger Rear ,(2) Driver's Rear , (3) Passenger Front , (4) Driver Front ) ) Are your wheel cylinders in good condition ? Did you use a method for bleeding ( buddy system , HandyVac Tool or Gravity Drip ? )

I bought my 73 240z last year , bleeding the brakes was one of the first things I did. You need to look behind the dust shield area on the back of the wheel cylinder for I believe either an 8mm or 10mm Bleeder Valve Protruding out , it would be wise to clean off area and use a flash light if need be ( towards the top I believe ? ) if you cannot find them well ---> I hope someone did not snap them off ( I just worked on a car 1 month ago from the east coast that snapped 3/4 of everything including the bleeder valve heads off of the wheel cylinder :angry: :rolleyes: ) Drum does not need to be off as you know already , but make damn sure you adjust rear brakes when done or face shitty braking consequences :lol:

Good Times :lol: , hope that helps just a bit and not trying to sound condescending in any capacity :D

Thanks DTP. I'm helping a friend out with his Z & we could not find the rear bleeders. I will look again this afternoon. I av owned many Datsuns & bled many O' brakes. Never a Z car b4 tho :blink:

Thanks DTP. I'm helping a friend out with his Z & we could not find the rear bleeders. I will look again this afternoon. I av owned many Datsuns & bled many O' brakes. Never a Z car b4 tho :blink:

Cool DatDoug , yeah it is kind of fun to work on different models/cars for me sometimes and others well I tend to do this before gathering my thoughts correctly ---> :frantics: ............. hahahaha :rofl:

I can't believe how much the wheel cylinders cost for the s30 models in general :no: ( Lowest I found is about $48.00 per wheel cylinder I believe , but I really need to look harder ! seen them as high as $90+ dollars :hmm: )

Good Luck either way man :thumbup: