hokay.... so this is my first POST to the ratsun forum or any forum for that matter. i have been sacrilegiously reading it for months now. so i bought some nismo seats for my 77 b210 but there was no way they were going in to the car. i found someone who will trade me a z24 motor and transmission, automatic :( for them. i'm a fan of how rad the a14 sounds at high rpm's and have noticed the lz motor has combustion issues? i was just wanting some advice on if i should take this route or sell the seats and go back to my ka24de plan. right now unless i shrink 3 inches i cant sit in the car or use the seats. i talked to a kooky old fellow at a wrecker who said he had a lz22 franken motor set up and it was ridiculously quick. i'll bite. what the story behind all this? i have a u67 head and some other chunks from a ka i bought a while back. will this thing ever hold water?

thank you

evan

btw i drive a 77 b210 so that is also a factor in all this. it was never made for a z or an l motor for that matter. a summer of nightmares or something i can get under the hood and tear it up in? i will be in search of a zx five speed too. my poor car is slowly changing growing up to be a truck after all. haha

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome.

please sacrilegiously search the topic ;)

the LZ24 is too tall for a 510 (i gots a hood bump) but these can all be modified.

id imagine the samwe issues in a 210.

i have many left overs for an LZ24 build (everthing but a block)

was defintely a blast to drive. still evaluating the LZ22 to compare.

hokay.... so this is my first POST to the ratsun forum or any forum for that matter. i have been sacrilegiously reading it for months now. so i bought some nismo seats for my 77 b210 but there was no way they were going in to the car. i found someone who will trade me a z24 motor and transmission, automatic :( for them. i'm a fan of how rad the a14 sounds at high rpm's and have noticed the lz motor has combustion issues? i was just wanting some advice on if i should take this route or sell the seats and go back to my ka24de plan. right now unless i shrink 3 inches i cant sit in the car or use the seats. i talked to a kooky old fellow at a wrecker who said he had a lz22 franken motor set up and it was ridiculously quick. i'll bite. what the story behind all this? i have a u67 head and some other chunks from a ka i bought a while back. will this thing ever hold water?

thank you

evan

btw i drive a 77 b210 so that is also a factor in all this. it was never made for a z or an l motor for that matter. a summer of nightmares or something i can get under the hood and tear it up in? i will be in search of a zx five speed too. my poor car is slowly changing growing up to be a truck after all. haha

You goal seem muddled. You like the sound of the A14 yet the original plan is a KA24DE? At the moment you are considering an L/Z hybrid?? You would buy an unknown motor from a wrecker?

First:

Have you done any motor swaps before? Have you ever had an L or Z series motor apart? Have you rebuilt either? Any experience in welding and fabricating? Garage space, time, tools (including a welder) and lots of money? Forgets friends with good intensions. The more yesses to the previous questions (specially the money) the better chance of getting your project finished and back on the road and not in the scrap yard.

Do you have a strong solid plan of what you want when finished?

i read the hood bump on someone page but it said it was hardly noticeable. the direction i want to go in is a bit shady but i have a small chunk of change can weld and have transplanted a motor from a toyota truck (with the same motor) and helped a friend with a 300zx swap. what would be the best route to take should have been my post title i guess... let me reword things by asking what the best route to take with this would be? build up the a14= LOTS of money to make it decent or try to build a motor thats naturally better stock?

Rebuild the biggest motor you can find. An L20B makes 20 extra hp stock. The disadvantage of this it that a different motor and tranny involves a lot of additional work making it fit where it was never intended.

Never believe anything about a motor that is out and on the ground. If you can't see it running consider it a rebuildable core worth $50. The last thing you need is to pay good money for a motor, do a motor/tranny swap only to find it is a piece of shit and should have been rebuit or thrown away.

there wont be a hood bump if you put a lz24 into a datsun b210 cause of the cowl. i have seen pictures of it in the car and everything closed up just fine. know anyone with a u67 head 4.11 rear end and all the special go in between parts? someone offered me a trade an l20b motor 5 speed transmission and hitachi carb all in pieces for some nismo bucket seats i have for sale on CL take the trade?

there wont be a hood bump if you put a lz24 into a datsun b210 cause of the cowl.

know anyone with a u67 head

some nismo bucket seats i have for sale on CL take the trade?

cowl = no hood damage!!! :cool:

U67: its at the machinist right now, valve job & guides, likely for $$$ale(partial trade) too.

probably w/the .510 cam

link or seat pix? PM to email me the pix (theyre blocked :angry: )