Flex Plate?

I need the thin metal plate that goes between the engine and the transmission for a L18. I don't know it it's the same for any L series motor or if it's specific for a L4 block. I prefer someone local, I'm trying to do my engine soon.

Thanks

Scott

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it will matter

The piece of metal between the trans and block is called an inspection cover. my 510 don't have one, but i got one to put on it. doing ok so far. but if oil/grease gets in there that could cause a problem. clutches do not want grease :rofl:

So, you will need an Inspection Cover.

I dont think it will matter

The piece of metal between the trans and block is called an inspection cover. my 510 don't have one, but i got one to put on it. doing ok so far. but if oil/grease gets in there that could cause a problem. clutches do not want grease :rofl:

So, you will need an Inspection Cover.

^^^ Sounds like h2theizzo is correct , you will need an Inspection Cover. Sorry for confusion :D

Why Clutches No Likey da grease ? :lol: maybe a bad experience :P ;) ( I knew a guy who "greased" the portion of his brake pads (contact to rotors):rofl: )

DTP, i asked again about the weber, hope you still got it. Yes, i know about oil and clutches :rofl:

Apologies h2theizzo, I honestly didn't see the message ( not use to the new "change" of things ! lol ) , ok just sen't you an email about the webber 32/36 man :-)

Yeah , I might have forgotten to clean the bell housing on a leaky trans front seal a while ago ! lol !!! Stupid Subaru just work damn you ! lol !!!

Apologies h2theizzo, I honestly didn't see the message ( not use to the new "change" of things ! lol ) , ok just sen't you an email about the webber 32/36 man :-)

Yeah , I might have forgotten to clean the bell housing on a leaky trans front seal a while ago ! lol !!! Stupid Subaru just work damn you ! lol !!!

LOL!!

Talk about a thread hijack, but yeah... had a super clean nice 84 vdub jetta 2door white, slammed it on 16's with white rims, racing bucket seats, white leather momo steering wheel & shifter. Spend a bundle on a stereo. Drove it 2 days and the rear main leaked oil on the clutch, burned it out. it sat for 5-6 months and a tow truck came by cuz manager called on it. i sold it for 2 bucks Oo.....

LOL!!

Talk about a thread hijack, but yeah... had a super clean nice 84 vdub jetta 2door white, slammed it on 16's with white rims, racing bucket seats, white leather momo steering wheel & shifter. Spend a bundle on a stereo. Drove it 2 days and the rear main leaked oil on the clutch, burned it out. it sat for 5-6 months and a tow truck came by cuz manager called on it. i sold it for 2 bucks Oo.....

bummer man and that sucks Radio Balls (The worst kind too :lol: just make sure they are in line 4 the win first ! :lol: ) ! Looks like the thread did get :pirate: jacked. Sorry ser240z ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.