HELP!!!! I need a 5spd trans

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats up guys i need a 5 spd trans asap. that will fit a 71 2dr 510. i heard the best to go with is from a 85,86 720spd? help plz

Negative.

For a 5 speed that is the same length, (so you don't have to shorten the drive shaft) will bolt up to your L16 motor and have the speedometer cable on the same side is the FS5W63A dogleg from a '77-'79 200sx or the optional 5 speed from the '79 A10. The rear mount will need to be modified to fit.

my trans now is about 27 inch in length from bellhousing to tail of trans so what should i use i need one asap,and yeah i dont have a speedometer

Rumor had it (I have not personally seen the car...)but there is an A10 with the 5 speed in the all import yard in Fontana. Could be worth the look. I do not know if the trans is still there, so it is more of a check at your own risk, but there are lots of other Datsuns there ready for the plucking. Good Luck.

Double post = fail, you already have a post in the parts wanted section... Please dont do that it just clutters the board up, goto your previous thread and just post a reply. It will make it be on top of the list again.

Good luck

whats the length on that trans

Per datzenmike, the length should be the same as the dogleg. Like I mentioned, I knew of the car being there, with a 5 speed. I can't use the 5 speed, so it ended up as a surplus item, and I continued on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.