Got some new stuff for the Dat

Jayden71

So, a couple weeks ago I made the 650 mile round trip trek over to Hillsboro to get some Datto parts. The thing I was interested in most was the tranny. Mine was shot as it kept getting stuck in 4th gear, bout 6 times to be exact. I got there surveyed the boxes of stuff and handed DRIVEN 5 $20 bills for everything. {Got way more than $100 worth of stuff!}. We loaded it up and I bailed for home. Missed rush hour on both ends, so that made it even nicer!! :D

The Datto has been in storage for about 5 months. Took just a minute or two for the carb to get fuel and she fired right up. First thing I wanted to do was change out the tranny and start drivin her again.

Step 1...

DSC00844.jpg

Get some help with the heavy lifting.

Got old tranny out. Pressure plate, back of motor looks ok. No major leaks or nothin.

DSC00842.jpg

Old tranny

DSC00841.jpg

New tranny

DSC00840.jpg

Got a 100 miles or so on "new" one and it is much nicer. 3rd gear does not grind and it shifts really nice.

I finally got a fan shroud for my Datsun. I have had a 720, 2 620's and this 521 and this is the first fan shroud any of them have had. :hyper:

DSC00839.jpg

Simple mind, doesn't take much to make me happy

New seat

DSC00848.jpg

I kinda like the valure, pleather 70's look I got goin now. Yes, that is a 620 steering wheel on there. The original was sunrotted and was crumbling apart in my hands. It works for now

Original serial number sticker on tranny mount??? :blink:

DSC00843.jpg

I tinkered arund for 2 days gettin all that stuff done and then washed and waxed for a clean streak free shine

DSC00852.jpg

So that is the major stuff I got dne so far. I got a whole box of lights and 2 bumpers. Oh ya I also got a 620 rearend for my longbed 620 trailer!! So now my 521 can tow my 620 trailer. Ummm well, maybe not. But it will have a good axle under it anyhow.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic