Seat options for a Wagon

I am looking for seat options for my 72 wagon. I am trying to decide if I should buy new skins or get some front seats from the junk yard. The problem is if I do that what do I do with the back seat. I checked through the pages on this forum and didn't see how people addressed this. My plans are to get new carpet, find some type of center console, and re-do the seats. I need suggestions on the seats and console. This is how it currently looks, there are rips in the bottom of the seats that can't be seen in the photo:

IdnyY.jpg

David

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im leaving the rear seat out. problem solved. :)

I bought the wagon for the rear seat. I already have a 240z with two seats. I needed the wagon because I have to boys and they have to take turns going to the carshow with me. Usually I put one car seat in and drive the younger one to the show. Then my wife follows in her car with the older. Then I swap car seats and the older one will get to ride home with me. Now with the wagon, I can just bring them both and leave the Z at home. I wasn't sure if people have just re-skinned their seats or went with a modified seat from another car.

I wasn't sure if people have just re-skinned their seats or went with a modified seat from another car.

lucky kids!!! i had to sit in the 'way back' when travleing in the family truckster across the states.

not sure why i still like g00ns at all! :hmm:

check out datsunrestore / toointenserestoration, they sell skins for buckets.

any upholstry guy could make something, but may be $$$$$

ck out some 91 or so acura integra seats, the driver seat has adjustable lumbar and thigh and hieght levers, leave the headrests off, and any good upholstery shop can build up the back seat a little to resemble the front seats..i am running them in my 620 king kab and i am 6'4" and 240lbs, and they are very comfy too...ck em out at your local wrecking yard or try craigslist for any one parting out an integra, you may luck out and get tan leather seats(that are in good condition) and then just have to worry about the back seat ck em out...tom :cool:

you will have to do some minor mods for the seat brackets , but it is pretty straight forward and easy, just set one in the car and study where they all mount at..tom

I am looking for seat options for my 72 wagon.

Look at Ford Escape / Mercury Mariner seats, the low back with removable head rest models even look like 510 seats except much more support. Both manual and power drivers are available. 2002 or later some models have leather.

The rails bolt to the floor at the rear, need to fabricate a spacer and an angled brackets for the front (the front of the rails is angled). I didn't even have to remove the 510's front mounting rail, just took out the seat brackets completely, and then dropped the Escape seat in.

When mounted, the seat bottom front is 1/2 inch higher than the stock seats and , back with head rest is 3 inches higher (as I recall 36.5 floor to top vs 33.5 inches). Same width as stock seats, so no real space issue.

They recline out flat, but don't tilt forward since they were designed for a 4 door car.

Too bad, you aren't close to me. I've got a spare set you could have cheap.