upgrades on 720, plans, etc.

mikec

i'll try to find where the hose came from, but i had no luck looking last night...

also, here's a pick of how i set up the spacers - just want to make sure i did it right before alignment. only one side had stock washers, so it worries me because either nissan missed something or i did...and ten times out of ten it's usually me haha

2ur6r0h.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah that's perfect.... just makes sure the two bolts have the same amount of spacers and you're good

+1 lol

Man i thought the later 720s were different.. I guess its just the hardbody pickups. i guess thats why they made drop spindles for them

alright, found the missing hose and got it all sorted out. is there really no way for a weber to pass ca smog? the place I have my car smogged is run by a quiet little vietnamese man that seems to me like he'd turn the other shoulder..

alright, found the missing hose and got it all sorted out. is there really no way for a weber to pass ca smog? the place I have my car smogged is run by a quiet little vietnamese man that seems to me like he'd turn the other shoulder..

i got same guy that pass allmost ever thing that has wheels on it were in socal do u live?

i'm in the south bay, but i'm willing to make a trip if he'll let it slide. my truck barely passes as it sits right now! i'm due for my next check next may.

i bet you all wish your floors were this clean!!

mcuedf.jpg

also, one of the hoses keeps coming disconnected from my carb...i think it's a vacuum hose, and now it's missing. what does it do?

fx9rf4.jpg

It's been a while since I messed with a Z24 engine. But I found a pic of my old engine that might help.

281730314_large.jpg

i'm in the south bay, but i'm willing to make a trip if he'll let it slide. my truck barely passes as it sits right now! i'm due for my next check next may.

i bet you all wish your floors were this clean!!

mcuedf.jpg

mine might be.... lol

but its hard to tell... i don't have any legit 'floor pics'

31081_426924512844_518782844_5583192_6439348_n.jpg

This is an Electronic Controlled Carburetor (ECC) and has an ECU with throttle position sensor, O2 sensor, fuel cut off system and more. Note the 6 wire round plug at the back.. No Weber will beat that for emissions. Put it all back on for the test and swap it back later.

281730314_large.jpg

I had a weber on my 80 720.... When I took it through DEQ in Washington I told the dude he wasn't going to run it,,,, that I would I failed the cruse part of it. It was running rich. I had to create a controlled vacuum leak to lean it out. I just teed a vacuum line into the cab by the shifter were I could cap it off with my thumb and when he told me to bring it up to 2200 rpm I just took my thumb off the line. It passed.. Just food for thought.

^

interesting...I'll think about that

@pezi720 I've had mine since 15 too...my dad bought it new in '85 and gave it to me in HS. I've just never gotten around to anything besides preventative shit.

by the way, the alignment shop adjusted my caster by changing the shims I put in...will having a different number on each side of the UCA eventually rub/shear into the frame or control arm or is that okay?

^

interesting...I'll think about that

@pezi720 I've had mine since 15 too...my dad bought it new in '85 and gave it to me in HS. I've just never gotten around to anything besides preventative shit.

by the way, the alignment shop adjusted my caster by changing the shims I put in...will having a different number on each side of the UCA eventually rub/shear into the frame or control arm or is that okay?

ugh... that's sorta a gray area.... it should be ok... but next time you see them... SLAP THEM!

yeah when I asked the tech to go over exactly what he did and he was like "the caster was way off so I had to change out the shims in the control arms" and I was like "well duh, it's going downhill and I'm lowering the rear to match it as soon as I get some blocks...I told you that..." so whatever. apparently 'lifetime' align means minimum 6 mo wait inbetween aligns...

^

at my local firestone...they're convenient b/c they're like .5 miles away, but they're penny-pinchers too so that's annoying.

picked up some rims on friday from a fellow ratsun-er...$50 for the set. here's how she looks post-drop/align/rims/etc.

2hdqn1z.jpg

xana9.jpg

thanks guys, i'm really egging to get that exhaust fabbed, but i've gotta get the right rear bumper first!!

also, does someone want to refresh me on what the symptoms of a bad head gasket are? because right now there is a slight 'ffft' sound and a little bit of white smoke out the tailpipe. both are only just noticeable, but i've got 210k and apparently these are supposed to blow at around that? oil looks clean and normal...