Tranny Rebuild 1973 Lil Hustler

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having it out already is a bonus in itself. Figure couple of hrs. to pull it. Plus these trannys are thrown away when swapping in a 5 spd. Don't make me tell you about Hainz's tranny pile on his lawn.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a 4spd behind my l16 up for grabs. I need to get the truck's vin verified before I can yank it however. Since I am broke right now and need to tow the truck to hiway patrol, that's the issue lol. At least I beleive it to be a 4spd. Don't even know if it's original to the truck or not at this point.

Depending on how long you can wait, I'll get it out as soon as I can. (l16 is up for grabs too once Hiway Patrol is done with it fyi.)

Maybe ill put the whole thing out and swap in the engine and transmission from the 76 temporarily. that would free up the engine and tranny.

Paul

!! come get mine- 4spd from a 71 521 with the L16. worked good when i pulled it. been taking up room in my garage for a bit now.

how's $70 sound?

i'm in Costa Mesa.

Unfortunately the 521 tranny won't work in the 620. The drive shaft is bolted into the back of the 4 speed on the 521. The 620 is a slip in spline. It might be made to work but isn't a simple 'bolt in'.

transF4W63520-521flangeo-p.jpg

Early 620 or 510 4 speed (bottom) :

trans4speedlongandshort-1.jpg