Well crap, 1 month now to restore the roadster

I've taken my sweet time with my roadster as I've wanted to have everything just right for it from the body work to the paint, well just found out today I need to have it outta my parents back yard by 30 days as they are getting a divorce and unsure of what will happen with the house yet. I'm kinda pissed cause I was wanting to do a frame up restore on it with some mods here and there..

So I guess I'm going to buck up, paint the body in the POR15 like I had started on and just get cheap bedliner for under the car, inside the trunk, and the interior and then flat black it.. Kinda annoying as I feel like I'm doing it all wrong rushing it.. Not doing the body work all the way and skipping the engine upgrade. But I guess I'll see if I get it at least drivable by the deadline..

I have a feeling I'll probably be renting a storage building, but I think since I got all the parts for it last month finally I might be able to meet the deadline cutting corners on body work for now.. I can at least promise you no bondo used as hole filler. lol

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents are the same way right now....

One day they tell me I need to sell both my cars and move out.......... then the next day my dad is letting me borrow his tools to work on the dime....

I hate to think I want them to stay together just so I can keep using their garage.......... but I do want to keep using their garage.... :lol:

Why not wait on the body work, and paint till a later time?

Maybe, focus on the mechanicals and get it running really well over the next 30 days.

If it took the car 40 years to get into its current cosmetic state, maybe an extra 1 or 2 years being "cosmetically challenged" really wouldn't hurt.

Good luck.

Kinda annoying as I feel like I'm doing it all wrong rushing it.. Not doing the body work all the way and skipping the engine upgrade. But I guess I'll see if I get it at least drivable by the deadline..

I know how you feel. I started bondo work, and ended up getting so frustrated trying to get all the bodywork done, that I ended up rushing it and it's showing through in my paint. And the sad thing is, my car only been on the road twice since I lost the wheel.

Why not wait on the body work, and paint till a later time?

Maybe, focus on the mechanicals and get it running really well over the next 30 days.

If it took the car 40 years to get into its current cosmetic state, maybe an extra 1 or 2 years being "cosmetically challenged" really wouldn't hurt.

Good luck.

That is the plan now, just I feel its a shitty job while I'm doing it as I've been taking my time on the car since I got it.. I'd literly been looking for a roadster for a few years, found one and now having to do a crappy job on it.. I'm thinking I might just replace the rear fenders with fiberglass honestly. Fortunately I had already built the floorpan for the car just need to finish welding it. I'm right now working on the brakes and engine, I kinda wanted to get a miata engine in it this summer..

I'm looking at finding a place with room to work on it, hopefully I'll get lucky.

• 4 weeks later...