headlights 510 ???

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

using a test light grnd one end to the chassis. If you probe the contacks behind the lamp all 3 on outer lamp and both on the inner Highbeam lamp all should have 12volt ot Test light is ON. That means power is going all the way back to the fuse box ok.

You loosing a ground whn the switch is pulled all the way out. Only thing inbeween that and the swtich is the relay behine the strut. try wiggling this. I dont think the rela is triggered on Low setting. so its just a past thru so maybe dicconect the plug and plug it back in. If not then best to get wiring diagram to figure the colors out and start ohming or finding the ground to complete the circut.

for shits and grinds I wiggle the fuses also but Im sure power is to them.

the relay only clicks if your going to high beams. It adds another ground ,splits and goes to the high beams and low beam.

On Low there should NOT be a click. its just a passthru in the normally closed position but doesnt mean the contak are still good or need to be cleaned or soemthing. if you have a spare relay swap it out.

that volt reg wire with the round eyelet. if you still have it ,is it grounded????

I myself after cking the basics like I told you would pull the relay and find the clor code for the wire that woulg be grounded when the switch is pulled and put a meter inbetween this. if meter reads a short when grounded then it has to be the part where it goes thru the relay as a pass thru. Hope you got this.

most time its a loose or dirty contack. But if you been running H4 lamps w/o a harness over time the contacts can get hot.

there was a black wire in there that had a ground eyelit that i kept and is grounded, the switch has 2 powers when off and all 4 are power when on, if i ground the red with yellow strip at the switch they turn on

Im just going by memory and what I remember when this happens to me. It has to be soemthing Common as it happens to both sides. Youll figure this out.

I myself only have a One wire feed fuse box(the big white wire). There are other later boxes that have 2 or maybe 3 wire feed power for the lights. But since you have power at all the prongs to me its just the ground is not being switched.

But let us know. I still learn something from this site all the time

Is this where the hood pull cable is? I was going to mention that but thought it was highly unlikley.

Turn signals make sure you have both flasher cans, I think there is a loose grn wire from the steering colulm. and make sure you have your emergency switch also installed(if removed it wont work either) It complettes a circut.

the turn signals work when lights are off if you turn the lights on they dont work. I dont have the ebrake or the emergancy flasher hooked up?? there is no emergency brake? so what do i need to do

the emergency flasher switch should be hooked up to the harness connector.

if you dont have a switch you need to make a jumper to complete the circut. Well that what I did on my yellow car to get the turn sigs to work.

weird you say it works with the lights off? Your alternator putting out enought juice? I would swapp flasher can underneath the dash. One time I had one flasher can stuck. I wacked it and then it worked again.

Just incase make sure you have no bulbs burnt out(dual element) as now Im only guessing

as the the emergency brakes that has nothing to do with it. Maybe the light goes on in the dash will come on when the lever is pulled out that it. Nothing to do with eleltrical that I know of.

Was this all working before? You had this car awhile did it stop or was a harness changed out