510 best area to hack off the rear ??

buddy gave me a 69 to hack off the rear for mine. parts i need from 69 rear 1/4`s so i can get the body line back,rear taillight section and wheel well section and a small bit where it meets the floor in the trunk.where would be the best part to hack off? should i do it in one piece or just the areas i need? how hard is it to get the taillight section out?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

buddy gave me a 69 to hack off the rear for mine. parts i need from 69 rear 1/4`s so i can get the body line back,rear taillight section and wheel well section and a small bit where it meets the floor in the trunk.where would be the best part to hack off? should i do it in one piece or just the areas i need? how hard is it to get the taillight section out?

Get a bodyman to look at your dime, then ask him. Usually past the dogleg straight through the rear floor pan is good, but it depends on your car and the donor car. Don't just start cutting, get someone who has some experience with body work. It's best to have a buddy who's a body man as body work ain't cheap.