Era Correct Plates on my Datsun

Hey, I'm just seeing if any of you guys know the loop-hole to getting the old yellow-on-blue plates for your 68-73 Datsun. I'm not too thrilled about getting the Pacific Wonder-where-your-money-goes-Land plates, but I want a cool set of era correct plates to put on my truck. I have the blue-on-yellow plates, but they're getting kinda crusty. I've been searching online, and talking on the phone w/ the lady at the DMV and can't get a straight answer as to what I have to do to register older plates on my 521. I see a few of you guys on here have nice looking era correct plates, and I don't imagine that they've stayed pristine all these years.

How did you do it without having to register it as a "collector vehicle"? I want to be able to drive it around a little more than just to events. Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

down here there is nothing that can be done. :(

i struggled to keep the origianl plates (B/Y) as i didnt immediately have the origianl pink.

I've been searching online, and talking on the phone w/ the lady at the DMV

have you looked into the 'replica' plates?

they look original and i have contemplated ordering vanity plates, and then order the replicas and slap em on. ;)

there is also a guy that does plate restoration... @ ~$100 plate, but look brand new when returned.

turn-around is like 5 weeks too.

If you don't have the original plates from your vehicle, and go find yourself some old blue and yellows, you can register them to your car, but will have to pay the personal plate fee annually. No way around it. I told em' to get bent and just put the new plates on my 521, DMV gets too much moneys from us, specially when you have a few cars and/or bikes, that chit gets spendy quick.