Mid-shift bearing?

Vegas

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blowing up the tranny, anytime bearings are going out you run that risk. Does it make noise??? if so when does it make it ? It could have a bad throw out bearing if the noise changes when you push the clutch that will be it alot of times.

its auto, he said its been bad for a year, and a long as i dont haul anything, it should be fine, but when i do have the brake pressed at a light, there is a whine. idk where its coming from

it could be a belt making the noise. If its an auto id say prob carrier bearing in the drivline

nothing lol there is no noticable tick or any vibrations. noting. he just said its bad. idk what to look for. like i said, wheni come to a stop at lights there is a whining coming from somewhere. but i cant tell where

nothing lol there is no noticable tick or any vibrations. noting. he just said its bad. idk what to look for. like i said, wheni come to a stop at lights there is a whining coming from somewhere. but i cant tell where

If I understand this right : it makes a whining sound when stopped at a light in DRIVE???

If so, you can eliminate most of the transmission and everything behind it. It has to be a moving part. Only thing moving in the auto when stopped (in any gear, neutral and park) is the torque converter and the oil pump.

Question: Check the fluid is it bright clear RED color or shades of brown to outright BLACK?

Warm it up and then remove the fan belt and try it. If still there then it's not a belt, pulley, alt or water pump bearing noise.

yea it whines in Drive, and ONLY when stopped at a light.

and it doesnt do it all the time.

im gonna see if i can leave it idle in Neutral and see if it makes a noise.

and then ill check the fluid. and belts. and, if i remove the fan belt, isnt that connected to the water pump lol making it run w/o a water pump.

i know thats what blew my head gasket on my 240

and then ill check the fluid. and belts. and, if i remove the fan belt, isnt that connected to the water pump lol making it run w/o a water pump.

i know thats what blew my head gasket on my 240

Naturally removing the belt is just to eliminate it as a possible cause of the noise. It's understood that this is only long enough to try it and then put it back on.

Check that fluid color.

right, tomorrow ill try all of the above.

cept removing the belt. because i'd have to drive it belt less. it doesnt do it at regular idle.

idk we will se how it goes down. if anything ill make a video of the noise lol