should i pick up this motor for my 520?

pucancakes

found someone selling a k24e out of a 93 hardbody. the transmission, throttle body, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, dizzy, ecu, and wiring harness are included for 475. he bought from a junkyard and said it turns over.

i know mounts for the tranny/motor need to fabbed up and i either modify/make a new cross member to do the swap. i cant remember where i read it but is the k24 out of 240sx's the one i want because of the rear oil sump? plus the wiring harness from this car is easier to work with than the truck harness?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck KA has a rear sump which is more likely to fit your truck which also has the rear sump.

The 240sx uses a separate wire harness for the EFI, or very close, while the truck EFI wires are integral with the chassis wire harness and must be a bitch to separate.

The truck KA uses a vertical throttle chamber that looks somewhat like a throttle body injection system. It looks nothing like the 240sx set up but works about the same and has multi port injection.

240sx multi-port injection EFI

KA24E240sxEFI2Large.jpg

Hardbody multi-port injection EFI

wreckingyard2608027Large.jpg

That truck motor is rear sump.... the 240sx intake will swap over and that way you can run the 240sx harness (easier to wire up).

If you're not interested in that motor can you pass me the info.... I've been wanting to get another KA for my truck while I get mine built.