A15 & E15, what's the difference, what's same?

I was looking for a turbo exhaust manifold for my 310 and came across some articles about the 83 Pulsar that used an E15 turbo. I'm wanting to see if that manifold and turbo parts will fit my A15, what's the difference between the two motors? Please help. Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

...A15's are pretty kickass for boost applications.

Really? I've only seen a photo of this one far-out installation. Maybe this is more common than I thought.

How do you handle the fuel delivery? Do you have the turbo push through the carburetor? What kind of carb do you use?

Maybe my B310 doesn't need an SR20 swap if you can make fuel managment on an A14 turbo sound easier.:huh:

The E15 was a re-design of the A15 for FWD. It shares the same bore centers and most of the block dimensions, but is about 1 inch shorter to fit tranverse mounting. It has lighter casting. It uses OHC for increased modernity. Although OHC, it has a shaft in the same place as the A15 camshaft, but now only driving the oil pump. It debuted in the 1982 N10 Pulsar (marketed as the Datsun 310 in north america), the same year the new CA engine came out for larger cars, which also was designed for FWD.

Some of the parts interchange, but not many. Mostly they are very similar, but no direct interchange.

For the A-series, everyone just welds up their own turbo manifold. Nissan had a factory turbo A-series manifold in the Nissan Forklift series, but those parts are rare.

The E-series is now history, but the A15 is still made by Aichi in Japan. You can buy a 2010 Nissan with A15 engine in some countries today.

For the A-series, everyone just welds up their own turbo manifold. Nissan had a factory turbo A-series manifold in the Nissan Forklift series, but those parts are rare.

What do you do for the intake side? You can't just push extra air into the stock carburetor, can you? And, what do you do for the fuel pump?