Pickup truck image request

Daeron

I have posted a thread in the 510 forum http://community.ratsun.net/topic/20669-goon-doors-hatch-l20-engines-but-i-am-clueless-need-help/ about a warehouse full of stuff that needs to be sold. My quandary is twofold: First, it is too jammed pack to be able to move and identify alot of it; and secondly, I know very little about 60s-70s-80s Datsuns that aren't Z-cars in the first place. (Very little as in, how to ID body panels, switches, knobs, etc.)

Three of the best condition body panels are: two NOS black pickup truck hoods with minor dings from a lifetime in a warehouse, and one green fender (passeger side I THINK but I may be wrong) for either a 520 or a 620 pickup.

What year? Beats the hell outta me. The hoods don't match the hood on my Uncle's old 83.5 720.. but they aren't incredibly far off. The fender is definitely early 70s or maybe even 60s though, and it is labeled Datsun Pickup.

So the point of this post is a picture request, showing me what the trucks looks like through the course of the model year changes. Big request, I know, but wouldn't it be nice to have a guide to look through and seem them in chronological order anyhow?

All of this stuff is at a shop not at my house, and just running out to take pictures of it isn't an option at the moment; besides, I am working that angle already.

Any proud pickup truck owner that wants to post a good front 3/4 view of their truck* that would show me the hood and fender shape, along with the year, is appreciated!! I can probably hack through and find cross-referencing to tell me that this 72 is interchangeable with 70-74 (or whatever, I made that up) but I can't look at a panel and guess what year just by the creases.

*Please, for obvious reasons, relatively stock appearing trucks. Mods are fine, but chopping and major reshaping of the body defeats the purpose.

Thanks in Advance!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nismo dr nailed it.....all the pics you could almost ever want :D

But...since we are here... :rolleyes: Here's my 1971 521:

CaliforniatripwithCambria219.jpg

Sounds like you got yerself a doozie of a parts supply? ;)

truck photo galleries - categorized

http://community.rat...hoto-galleries/

I swear I tried to mine through and find a categorized picture gallery a month or two ago and hadn't found it. I doubt I was looking in the right direction, and I must not have been focusing on trucks; his fender and these hoods have become a central item because they are easily identified.

I'll try harder to avoid wasting your time, but I figured most of you guys like posting picture threads anyhow, so it couldn't hurt to throw this one out there. Trust me when I say there are many other trollish info requests I want to make, but I am searching through the majority of them.

EDIT- after browsing the truck galleries a *little*-

I'll also get come pictures of my uncle's old 83.5 4x4 up there.. the truck is rotten to the core, but it was originally one of the option package trucks advertised in the brochure, with the roll bar and the lights, and the crash bar on the front. BEAUTIFUL pickup IMO.. if only his had been a King Cab, I never would have let it get as bad as it is.