510 solid rear crossmember mounts and solid mustache bar

datsundan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://designproductsracing.com/510_RearSuspension.html

Or you could do this also (taken from byron510 on the510realm.com)

Most of this is just resource stuff. I've spent a lot of time reading over the years, then applying as much of it as I can to our old beloved machines. What can I say - I'm sick... and lovin' it.

Mike, concerning the rear X member bushes - if you are looking for a solid rear end from a performance point of view - I've done the following mod on most of my sedans: (if you are replacing a stock worn out bush and are after a nice quiet ride, disregard the following)

Remove (and drop to just below the mounting studs) the X-member onto a jack, pull off the large thin washer and rubber isolator (probably stuck to the body). Now replace the X member against the chassis using no washer or rubber. Concerning the two washers that were on the bottom side of the X-member mount, using the thick washer (call it washer A) that used to be under the lower formed "washer" (call this washer B). Place washer A onto the stud, invert washer B, place on stud so that the outside of the "cup now contacts the X member, (washer A is just taking up the space inside the cup against the steel inner bush), place a standard flat washer on next, and with a little Never-Seize on both the thread and the face between the nut and washer - crank it up tight until the center of the cup washer is hard up against the inner steel bushing. Your X member is now firmly in place, and this will eliminate some of the "rear steer" tendencies that are built into the car. I’ve always used a new nyloc nut – best source is your local Honda motorcycle shop as they have them in stock in the right fine thread pitch. This mod will be most notable when braking hard into a corner while slightly turning in - it helps under duress for you track type guys!