That's me!

Wolf_78

I see this guy drive a 280Zx silver on south on 68th around 3:45 or so! Yeah I owned a silver 1983 280Zx identical like his but is not running I need help. I bought my Z back in 2002 from my old boss and it wasn't running so I got a mechanic to work on it and it was back on the road but the turbo was tosted. Well I enroll into college in the fall of 2002 and money became an issue so I wasn't able to buy tabs. I was parked till 2006 since then it feel like it wants to start but it won't at all. I change the fuel relay, fuel pump, change the starter, and did a complete tune up but it won't run. I will post some additional information about my car issues and photos soon after I'm done with finals. Hey Bleach your Z looks awesome by the way I notice your hood its stock or its aftermarket?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry for the delayed response. Post here again the next time you check the forum.

Thanks, so I want to apologized for such a delayed. Here are the photos of my baby that I promised! Hey Bleach, how much money did you invested on your Z? I love the way your Z looks like and I hope you can guide me to rebuilt mine. My Z has some tiny rust no bigge I can fixed them. I wanna repaint it but where can I get those turbo logos that goes below the door near to side skirts?

100_3912.jpg

100_4147.jpg

100_4146.jpg

100_4145.jpg

100_4144.jpg

My car's paint job was decent when I bought it so it is not recent paint. It does look like at one time the original silver was repainted but they masked off right above the door decals so the decal and the paint behind it is original.

You can buy aftermarket remakes of the turbo sticker that looks similar. [ur]http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/89964-my-new-side-turbo-decalswhat-you-guys-think/[/url]

If the sticker itself is ok and you're going with silver again you could just mask the lower rocker.

I put about $2600 into the car after I bought it. Its hard to believe since overall it doesn't look a whole lot different.

I got shocks, springs, ball joints, adjustable tension rods, new wheels, tires, 350Z seats, large sway bars, mustang shifter and knob, steering wheel, BOV, the front nose piece, and a spoiler that is not installed. It still needs some interior work and a sound system. Right now it has an aftermarket tape deck from the 90's. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My car's paint job was decent when I bought it so it is not recent paint. It does look like at one time the original silver was repainted but they masked off right above the door decals so the decal and the paint behind it is original.

You can buy aftermarket remakes of the turbo sticker that looks similar. [ur]http://forums.hybrid...you-guys-think/[/url]

If the sticker itself is ok and you're going with silver again you could just mask the lower rocker.

I put about $2600 into the car after I bought it. Its hard to believe since overall it doesn't look a whole lot different.

I got shocks, springs, ball joints, adjustable tension rods, new wheels, tires, 350Z seats, large sway bars, mustang shifter and knob, steering wheel, BOV, the front nose piece, and a spoiler that is not installed. It still needs some interior work and a sound system. Right now it has an aftermarket tape deck from the 90's. smile.gif

It will be repainted with the stock color. So I bought a new coil and now I get a strong spark but it seems I'm not getting fuel. I did bought a new fuel pump and a new fuel relay and install them about two years ago. Today I will remove the fuel injectors and inspect them maybe they are clogged. Any advices on how to do a fuel pressure?

You would need a fuel pressure gauge and run it inline of the fuel pressure side.

I usually see the spark plugs go bad from setting more often. Take all six out and gently clean the tips. Then try using a little starting fluid in the intake. See if you get it to fire up a little.

You would need a fuel pressure gauge and run it inline of the fuel pressure side.

I usually see the spark plugs go bad from setting more often. Take all six out and gently clean the tips. Then try using a little starting fluid in the intake. See if you get it to fire up a little.

I will do all that thanks, Bleach!